Estarlin De La Rosa

Eng 1121

Prof:Jessica Penner

discourse community

Quote 1: “A second set of problems is that the concept of discursive community as originally

conceived was too static”. I think that this was extended thanks to the variations of groups that share ideas with a small variation, thus creating specific groups according to the interest of the individual.

Quote 2:“A discourse community is a group of people who share a set of discourses”. In my opinion this is a great definition for this term, since a community is a group of groups that may share their ideals and others do not.

music

One of the groups in which I identify myself is that of music, since I like to play and compose. in which I can see how musicians share their experience with other musicians because they know the secrets that can be generated in the elaboration of a song. Many times it seems that this language is limited, but we all know that it is universal that anyone with an interest in learning can inquire into the language of music.

Gaming

I can say that I am part of this second group because I like more than anything to watch others play and more now with the live ones through the Facebook platform, where thousands who share this same interest meet daily. Personally, I think that many people qualify people who like to play as people who have nothing to do in their daily life. But I think this more than anything else serves to distract and have fun doing it.