Prof. Jessica Penner | OL70 | Fall 2020

Micro-Activity #1

Muhammad Musharib

8/28/2020

ENG1121

• What caught my attention was the amount of research and work we do in this class and the deadline for each assignment is hard to keep up with because my schedule is tough.
  • The concern that I have about an online class is that It’s very hard because sometimes my Internet connections can give me trouble and I take morning classes which can be also hard because half of my family sleeping. What confuses me is Long Island University is reopening there campus for students, But why is CUNY still closed. Online learning can be controversial also because some people like it and some people do not. In my opinion, I don’t like it because I prefer physical education rather than remote learning. I would also like to point out that most students have trouble with there Financial Aid, and it is better to share your personal information in person rather than sharing it online and even discussing it in person is also helpful because both students and the representative can communicate better in person than through an online website with a webcam.

1. Chelsea Brenyah

Hey Muhammad I agree with this class is a lot of work and with everything with my other classes its going to be a lot of stress trying to keep up with everything.

2. Cindy Cortes Corona

Hey Muhammad,
    I understand your concern with other schools opening, but look at the bright side. This class is online regardless, you don’t have to meet with the professor unless you have questions about the work. And also if you have any trouble with deadlines, it is always important that you contact your professor for any reason of your own.
    Hope everything works out for you and hope you will have a good semester Muhammad!

3. aaamrin

Hey Muhammad, I was just telling another student that if we all work together and can communicate well, we don’t have to worry about the deadlines. Also, I totally understand what you mean when you said students would like to share their personal info for the financial aid in person more than online. I’ve had a few problems regarding my financial aid and it was a long and hard process but thank god, I’ve got it fixed now!

4. Karan

Hello Muhammad! The fact that keeping up with the assignments can be a real hassle I totally agree with! I am also in a bit of a struggle since I currently take care of a family member and simultaneously doing English work.

5. Mahreen Munawar

I can totally agree with the hassle of unstable internet connection! My first class this semester I got locked out of my zoom session and the professor didn’t know how to allow me access again. I think the whole process of adjustment for students and professors has been very difficult but despite the hardships i hope we can get through this semester with ease.

6. Ethan Mau

Hey Muhammad, I agree with your sentiment that this class requires a lot of research, and I am worried about that, as well as your sentiment on prefering in-class learning. Having that social connection really helps me in being able to picture how to do something. I feel this online class system is something that everyone will eventually have to use, and we are just the ones getting it first. I think of it like a smartboard in school, it wasn’t widely used when it first came out, and many teachers disliked having one in their room, after having smartboards for a decade, every teacher knows how to use one, and might even prefer having that digital ability over an average chalkboard

7. Ethan Mau