Feeling stressed? You’re not alone!

We’re so near the end of this semester! I’m so proud and impressed by all your work this semester. It’s been a wild few months, and I’m sure you’re glad to see the end of the road so you can take a little break from staring at a computer screen for hours on end–I know I am!

A few things to discuss:

This week’s Agenda is very simple: write, compile, and revise. If you have any questions about revising a Unit Writing Assignment (which is optional) or want me to take a look at your Final Reflection, drop by my office hour or send me an email (and allow a 24 hour window for my response).

My virtual office hours this week will be Tuesday and Wednesday at 1 pm. Friday is a “Reading Day,” so I won’t have an office hour. If you want to make an appointment for a different time, please email me 24 hours in advance.

A note on the Final Reflection: I want to reiterate that this is not just answering the questions–it’s truly reflecting on you and your writing this semester. How do you feel about it now versus at the beginning of the semester? What did you enjoy working on the most? What were the challenges? The questions are a way to help you dig deeper into these questions. I’m not looking for a five-paragraph essay with a thesis–nor do I want just a series of two sentence answers. I want you to really think about how you’ve changed or are changing over the past few months.

If you’re lost, then I encourage you to come to an office hour next week!

SETs

Student Evaluation of Teaching, otherwise known as SETs, have been sent out to your college email address. (Remember in the old days when a professor would give a big envelope to someone and then left the room? This is the same thing, only done electronically.)

The evaluation began last Monday, November 30,  and will continue through Friday, December 11, 2020.

An SET is a chance to share what worked in the class, what needs attention, etc.

1. Emails will be sent from Scantron to your campus email address.

a. Emails will be sent from:

i. Sender Name: NYC College of Technology Course Evaluations

ii. Address: SPSSurveys@scantron.com

You’ll receive one email for each class you’re taking this semester, so if you’re taking five classes, you’ll get five emails.

And, finally…

REMEMBER THE DUE DATE FOR THE FINAL REFLECTION & FINAL PORTFOLIO: December 13, 2020!

If you don’t turn in a Final Portfolio by 11:59 PM on December 13, 2020, you’ll lose 350 points from your overall grade (that’s 30% of your grade).

Head over to the Agenda for more details.