Estarlin De La Rosa

English 1121

Prof: Jessica Penner

World Count: 267

Micro-Activity #12- Estarlin De La Rosa

Research Question: Is there a reason why people of color are treated differently by many american?

How did you get interested in your question?

One of the things that struck me about this question was that African Americans are treated differently. The reason for this is because of a stereotype created towards African Americans, they identify them as bad people but this is not true since they are the same people as everyone else.

Why are you interested?

I am interested because I do not like the indifference between people, for me all people have the same value as a human being, and I think that indifference is not good since we create bad conclusions about a group of people. If we look at the United States, it has only had a single African American president in its entire history since the Americans were free in 1776.

-What answers and information do you expect to find in response to your question?

One of the information I hope to find is to know why African Americans do not have the same freedom to exercise and enjoy the opportunities that the government offers to Americans.

-What will you do if you find something that does not fit your hypothesis?

In my thinking, if I find something that does not go according to my hypothesis I think I will investigate other sources to confirm that everything is correct and if it is correct to accept the information and try to understand its origins.