To me, this research assignment was difficult and unorthodox to me for two main reasons. Firstly, I had to find a variety of sources rather than a close collection, as your directions stated that the sources I would have to use are varied in nature. Secondly, said sources need to have a clear connection to each other as I will analyze them later. In other words, not only did I have to worry about seeking relevant information, I also had to make meaningful connections between the sources in order to come up with a unique and interesting conclusion that could be useful to certain discourse communities. I’ve learned from this type of research that despite it’s tedious nature, it gets rid of most ambiguities about the information I’m analyzing ahead of time, so it makes my life easier down the road when I should be more focused on analysis. The annotations help me keep track of the important bits of my sources that I sifted through, which fixes a problem I had a long time ago where I would sometimes forget the main purpose of sources I had for research assignments in other classes. I could use this style of organizing sources early on for both future English courses and science courses (such as anthropology or sociology) which require me to study, compile, and report conclusions of different data sets. It is a very useful technique, albeit it pushes the brunt of the research work at the start of the process.