After reading both speech and letter, I’ve decided that the best option to choose from to be my model will be the letter. As for choosing the letter I am able to talk to one specific group of people. And in this way I can be way more direct compared to doing the speech where I’m just speaking to a crowd/audience. This specific genre will help me because I can be more organized, specific evidence that the group that i’m talking to can understand. Also it helps me to know where to start off in my letter, and how to properly convey certain kinds of information overall.

As for my audience, my audience for DC letter would be the western music industry. They may see me as a concerned yet aware person. And throughout my letter they can see my concerns and opinions. There are many corrections that I want in the industry that I will specify more on in my letter. But at the same time if this letter were to be sent, out it wouldn’t be taken seriously. This is because I am not a professional, at least on the music industry side. Most likely they would only listen to professionals that have experience in their field of work.

As for my outline I was thinking of putting history information on the western music industry. I feel like this will grab the attention and focus on my letter better. Then I will introduce my argument slowly after the history of the industry. However, my main point that I will be speaking on is the racism in the western music industry. I will be talking about this mainly because it relates to a group that i’m going to mention. The group’s name is BTS and im going to show the events and experience throughout the letter for a change.