1. Why is she writing this letter? What does she want from the recipient of the letter?

I believe that she is writing this letter to bring up the inequality that is going on. In some sort of way she is actually bringing awareness to this. Throughout her letter, Wollstonecraft constantly talks about the struggles and argues that women are treated with absolutely no consideration. Wollstonecraft explains thoroughly in her letter that the education system is totally different and that both men and women deserve to be treated with the same amount of respect. 

1. After reading this letter, how would you identify the DC that Wollstonecraft is a part of? Does the recipient appear to be a part of this DC or outside of it? (Really think about this!)

I would identify the DC that Wollstonecraft is a part of is female equal rights. This DC suits Wollstonecraft the best because based on what Wollstonecraft argues. She argues about women, females in general not having enough rights. It’s little to none. So she advocates for women to have the same rights as males do. 

1. Quote 1: “Having read with great pleasure a pamphlet on National Education that you recently published, I dedicate this volume to you,”

Identify the writing strategy you see Wollstonecraft using: Inferring

Explain why you find this useful, persuasive, or effective in some other way:  The way she starts off her letter with a hook. And in her hook, she makes sure to include a reason as to why she is writing this letter. She mentions her pamphlet that inspired her. It inspired her so much that she decided to make a letter in response to it.

Quote 2: “·My own personal wants, anyway, amount to very little·. For many years I have regarded independence as the great blessing of life, the basis of every virtue; and even if I end up living on a barren heath, I will always guarantee my independence by contracting my wants.”

Identify the writing strategy you see Wollstonecraft using: Monitoring-clarifying 

Explain why you find this useful, persuasive, or effective in some other way: This quote is now intriguing because based on the fact that she is mentioning how important it is for her and women to have their own “independence”. She explains how it’s a personal want of hers. She also then explains that independence is a “blessing”, and not a given. Which shows a lot on how things are where she’s from. Wollstonecraft overall is very straight forward in this quote, which kept me interested in her letter. 

Â