Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2020

Micro Activity #1

After taking a look at the syllabus, the biggest thing that I saw others in the class has noticed as well was that blackboard wasn’t being used. With that being said, I think trying OpenLab as a new way to do work and get see our assignments could possibly be good for us. To be honest though, I did prefer to use Blackboard because I’ve been using it for almost the last two years and it’s easy to use; but with this, it’s gonna take time to get used it but it ain’t impossible.

Another thing that I’ve noticed previous to reading the syllabus is that this class has no specific meetings and is pretty much just strictly work being handed in on certain dates, which I don’t find to be bad. Some students like myself do not like, especially online via zoom or whatever video chat the professor prefers, having to sit down looking at your phone or laptop and waste some time not doing some of the work that you could’ve got done during that time period.

My final observation of the syllabus is that I think it’s a good idea to have us split up into groups of three’s to communicate and help revise each other’s work/writing pieces, which I believe can really help motivate and encourage us to be better in certain areas moving forward.

1. Rex Dovolani

Hello Micheal,
    I am starting to see that I may have not been the only one with a concern about OpenLab. I have seen that a few other peers have said the something about OpenLab; it is not as convenient as blackboard. Most of us have been using blackboard and I personally would prefer it, in my opinion it is very easy to navigate.