The discourse community I chose was Real Estate but more specifically how gentrification has caused issues inside this community not only with those who are selling/renting but also those who are looking for a place to live. So not until this past few year has gentrification affected the market which gentrification is, a general term for the arrival of wealthier people in an existing urban district, this increases rents and property values, and changes in the communities character and culture. The only reason why I decided to address this issue is because I know others in the same community might not care as much as I do because if this is your job we aren’t really losing anything we are actually profiting.

I have had more. than a handful of clients who express to me that they would love to come back to the neighborhood but it just doesn’t feel the same in terms of the people who live there now and the ambience. In another spectrum I have those who have to scramble to find a new home because they have been told they need to leave so a new luxury building can be constructed the only problem is they won’t give current tenants the opportunity olive there because they can’t afford it.