“One of the many things that I did learn in the investigative process was that university clocks move at different speeds in different parts of a university. “

I chose this quote because before I started college, I would hear my brother and his friends talk about schoolwork and how every one of his friends was at the same lecture. So after witnessing that they all were sync I thought colleges would be in the same course. When I started college I asked my friend if he was at the same lecture as me. Turned out that I was ahead. I was shocked. I feel so connected to this quote because after finding out I told myself something very similar to this quote.

“These DCs have acquired many abbreviations and acronyms as well as some special words and phrases that are needed in order to get their jobs done more quickly and more efficiently—terminologies that are not used, nor even often understood, by the general public.”

I feel connected to this quote was because this quote reminded me a lot of technology and how advanced technology got. It also reminds me of slang, an easier and faster way to a point. In today’s age, we have the technology to email, text, or call someone for something that’s related to work. One example of this is during my third year in high school I worked as an intern in a hospital and one of my friends forgot to ask for the boss’s phone number. She’d use text shortcuts such as “u”, “Btw”, “omw”, etc and I would do the same when I have a question about the intern. We would use shortcuts to get what we needed quickly and efficiently to our times.