Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2021

Nayeli Gomez, Social Justice Brainstorm:

• Social Injustice issue: Discrimination

• Research:

Unfair treatment because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age (age 40 or older), or genetic information.

Harassment by managers, co-workers, or others in your workplace, because of your race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, disability, age (age 40 or older), or genetic information.

Denial of a reasonable workplace change that you need because of your religious beliefs or disability

Improper questions about or disclosure of your genetic information or medical information.

• Why do people dislike and judge people who don’t look like them?
  • Why are people not given the proper resources to move up in life and succeed?
  • Why is it harder for people of color to get proper attention?

1. Deyby Ramirez

I like the topic you selected. This is a very important issue that needs to be discussed. I personally prefer your first question. It would be interesting to know the psychological reasons why some people tend to discriminate against others.

For the second question, I would reformulate it: Why are some people denied opportunities based on sex, race, ethnicity,…?

2. Said_U

Great points with “Unfair treatment” and “Harassment”, can you more specific with “Denial of a reasonable workplace change” and maybe add on “Improper questions about or disclosure of your genetic information”

3. Aimen Souchane

I like your topic. special when you explain each part. A question Where are the laws and justice systems protecting our collective future?

4. Nayeli Gomez

I will focus my issue on Mexican discrimination.
    Revised Questions:
    Why do people dislike and judge people who look brown and Mexican?
    Why are immigrants not given the proper resources to move up in life and succeed?
    Why is it harder for hispanics to get proper attention and care?