Prof. Jessica Penner | OL12 | Fall 2021

Aimen Souchane, Social Justice Brainstorm

The social justice issue that I have decided to use for the Annotated Bibliography Project is racism. Racism can be defined as a belief that two races are inferior or superior to one another. It is a belief that one race is better than another race.

Questions: 

How will we make people aware of their rights as citizens of the same country or state? 

How do we work together in order to change laws which will be the same for every citizen?

1. Nayeli Gomez

I agree, racism is really important to social justice. “how we will make people aware of their rights” is a good question as well as how or why society doesn’t insure everyone is provided their rights.

2. Said_U

Very good social justice question, maybe you can add what makes people racist, The actions performed by that race or its religion with the race or just for fun they are against them.

3. Deyby Ramirez

Racism is an issue that affects so many people, not only in America but also around the world. Therefore, I think this is a good topic. It’s also important to ask the right questions. I think your first question is valid, as many people who are directly affected by racism sometimes don’t know their rights, and tend to give up instead of fighting for their rights.

On your second question, I believe we already have the laws to combat racism to some extent. The main issue seems to be the morals of some people. It’s something we see very often on the news and social media.