As the second generation of a family to attend college, my mother serves as a motivator for their education and career goals. Growing up in New York, my mother’s experiences and struggles have shaped their perspective on life and education. As the youngest child of three, my mother’s educational achievements have been a source of inspiration and motivation.

My mother, from Trinidad and Tobago, moved to New York at the age of 10 and struggled financially to provide for her brother. My mother worked long hours and took little time for breaks to ensure their safety. Understanding her mother’s story helped her understand the challenges faced by her family and how to overcome them.

College is harder than expected, but my mother’s support and encouragement have helped them navigate the challenges and achieve their goals. As a pediatrician, my passion for helping people be healthy and better has been fueled by her mother’s support and encouragement.

Education is a powerful tool that can lead to positive outcomes and allows individuals to explore various aspects of life. My mother’s support and encouragement have been instrumental in helping them pursue their dreams and pursue their passions.