Prof. Jessica Penner | LC03 | Fall 2022

Reflection #6

Consider the discussions we had today about mindset. Share a concept you believe is important and explain what the concept means to you as a college student. (We will return to this reflection later in the semester.)

1. Terrisha Karimbocas

I believe that a concept or just a saying that I like to go by is hard work always pays off. In college, you have a lot of responsibilities that make it really stressful and with all these things, you get super busy and have less time for personal things you like doing. And that’s ok because you can always make time for these things by getting your work out the way and then taking time for you. Its important to put the work first because that feeling of accomplishment when you put your all into something and you did it all yourself feels amazing and motivates you to keep going to get more of those wins.

• Madelyn Kelly

Thank you so much for sharing Terrisha!

I completely agree with your statement “hard work pays off” because its so true! Finding that work/life balance also plays a huge role in motivation and feeling accomplished. Keep it up!

2. Jazilyn

A concept I like to go by would be to get all my work in on time. I think that the more work and managing time well is a very important concept so that you don’t lose track and don’t end up forgetting about an assignment. Also some Professors don’t accept late work so it’s important to get it in on time and try your hardest so that you can get all points and not have to worry about having points deducted.

• Madelyn Kelly

Hi Jazilyn!

Thank you for sharing, I totally agree! Time management is such a huge part in being punctual and organized. It’s so easy to lose track of assignments when you more than one class to focus on. Making sure all assignments with their deadlines are in mind or written down somewhere accessible will ensure a track to success. You’re doing great!

3. Christian

I believe that concept of being a college student is knowing you have so much in your plate. Meanig that I have a lot of dutties of homework, time for assignments, work and having a life. College could be stressful but it has to take your own time and do the work that has to be done.  

4. Christian

5. Rebekah Senat

A concept I like to go by would be to get Is making sure all of your priorities In check and do everything you have to do for yourself and that also relates to making sure I get my assignments done on time.

6. Rebekah Senat

A concept I like to go by would be to get is making sure that all of your priorities are in order and that you take care of everything you need to do for yourself, which has an impact on how efficiently you complete your assignments.

7. Isabella

A concept I believe is important is time managing is very important, especially in college. You have plenty of assignments and responsibilities for each class, so you must carefully time when to get each done. It is also equally important to schedule what assignments you need to be done so you have time to do other things for yourself.

8. Phadmanie

A concept i believe is important is work hard now and not later. In college it’s hard but if i work hard, and put my everything into my work i know i will be able to pass my classes and be on top of my work. Doing all of that first will absolutely pay off in the future because i’ll get the job i want and would not have to work so hard.