Journal 14

At this point, my group has everything we need in terms of physical parts except for one LED strip. The company sent us a(n) LED strip that looked used. When we got the Led strip it had black ashes on and around the LED. To ensure our safety and success we chose to send it back to get a new strip that is brand new. We are now making a decision on how we are gonna hook-up the power supply for the battery in the jacket without it being seen. After this step, we will begin searching for some more complex code to have the LED’s do more than just a chase pattern lighting. We have big ideas for the jacket however were just making sure our foundation is very stable. We are headed in a good direction, and luckily nothing has went horribly wrong as of yet.

2 Responses to Journal 14

1. Parts are often damaged or unusable so I’m glad you checked it out before you went to the trouble of installing it. Especially at this stage in the semester it is good to be cautious and you headed off that problem when there was still time to work around it. Good job.

2. Frank Mason says:

Yeah, I always hate it when at the 11th hour, the one thing you would never consider to become a problem ends up turning into the single difference between success and infinite amounts of frustration. For our project, we’ve run into a similar issue with the servo motors and we may have to replace them, which could delay the completion of our project but it’s good know you caught the problem early.
    But I have an idea for the battery, why don’t you guys create a pouch inside the suit jacket, put the battery in the pouch and sew it up. And for any wires sticking out you could create small holes in the jacket and insert the wires through the hole to make it look as seamless as possible. But it’s just a suggestion.