Update: Power Solution and Enclosures

My order is placed and I should be expecting to receive the below items ON Tuesday (11/19). It turns out that to power a 1m strip of LED’s we need a 5v/2amps power supply. We’re going to use up to 3 different portable batteries to power the LEDs of up to three 1m strips. 3 of us in the group were in the market to buy one of these bad boys anyway, so we’re going to implement it for the project and still have use for it afterwards.

The Arduino Uno we’re currently using should be enough to send all the data needed for all strips. However, in the event we exceed the memory limitations (or just need a backup), I decided to order a second Arduino just in case. Better to have it handy now, than need it at the last second. Besides, I wouldn’t mind owning an Arduino for future projects. The Arduino enclosure pictured fits one Arduino, a shield, and a 9v battery to power the Arduino (2 of them ordered. Again, just in case).

All in all, the project is coming along nicely.

Update1118

One Response to Update: Power Solution and Enclosures

1. Randi Sobhan says:

I thought the power supply was going to be black? lol. Anyway, I am not using my power supply much at the moment so I have no problem using it for the project.