Week 2 Journal

After scouring the web for ideas, I think I have a general idea of what I want to do and that is to create something robotic, possibly a robot spider. I am still not sure of how I want to create it or what features I want, but I think I can safely say that at the end of this semester I would want a working robot spider using an Arduino board. I have seen many videos and posts about a robot spider, but one video in particular caught my eye, RoboSpider Video. Here is the blog post about the video, Blog Post. Hopefully creating something like this won’t be difficult. I welcome anyone that is willing to join me in creating a robotic spider.

5 Responses to Week 2 Journal

1. Marcelo says:

That’s a cool spider! I love the fact that it can even jump. It would be nice if you can attach a camera to it, and be able to control it through a monitor or something.

• Philip Zak says:

Me too! That is actually a cool idea. I never thought of that, thanks for the idea. In terms of controlling it, I was thinking of possibly controlling it using my android phone instead of that big clunky controller. Hopefully Professor Baker can help me with that.

2. Gabby B. says:

You should talk to deadly bananas, his project seems similar, and it might be a good idea to help each other out. Might make you both progress in your project more quickly if you figure out the baseline for it together.

• Philip Zak says:

Thanks. I knew he had an original idea to do a spiderbot, just not sure if he still wants to do it. I will definitely contact him. People always say two heads are better than one and I’m sure in this case, creating a spiderbot will be beneficial if two heads were working on it.

3. ibn4course says:

Can you make it leap and be powerful like a taratula? Is this possible? I think your project can be done it is propably hard to do the legs, and using motors is needed. I have no experience with this motor control and I think that I will do better at making an animation that is controlled by a joystick. Have a good time designing your arduspyder.