Week 2 Journal – Ahmad Woods

Keeping up with this weeks assignment I decided to scour  the arduino playground (such an appropriate name for it) website for some stuff and things pertaining to my project which already implies that I have settled on an idea. I guess I’m moving forward with the ambidextrous arcade pad which I think is a neat little idea and it’s something that doesn’t exists in the niche market of arcade pad. The first thing I did was searching for some arcade pad components such as some buttons and the ever important stick. As expected I didn’t run into ANY thing like that I don’t even think I found simple input buttons which I can use for start, select and home. Maybe I didn’t look hard enough which is because I was too distracted by the cheap accelerometers I found on electronics123! Now you maybe wondering why I would need an accelerometer in an arcade pad and I didn’t even think of it’s applications prior to even seeing the word accelerometer on this site. The accelerometer can totally help achieve an ambidextrous pad.

3 Responses to Week 2 Journal – Ahmad Woods

1. Love the idea of an arcade pad for your project and would probably use it myself. Can’t wait to see your work when it’s actually made.

2. ibn4course says:

Your idea is great, and I think that if you find a manufacturer that has a list from where to buy the product, like amazon without the manufacturing of products… the list might might have a good reseller company.

3. Check out http://shoppingcart.analog.com/ShoppingCartWeb/Samples.aspx?locale=en for free Accelerometers. You don’t get many out of the samples (2 per part), but you can squeeze 4 (in total) out of them almost immediately.