1st post

Hello, my name is Marcelo, and I am originally from Brazil, but I have been living in NYC for a while now.
My major is entertainment technology. I was always interested in arts, and always curious about theater, but never really got involved with it until now. Somehow in the back of my mind, as a kid, I had a secret desire to be behind the scenes in a theater or film. I just wanted to be part of this creative and fun world. Right now, my wishes are to become a scenic artist and eventually a scenic designer. Lighting is also of my interest, but I am slowly learning about it. I am not a super technological person, and this is one of the reasons why I am taking this class, so I can expand my knowledge, open my mind and learn more about interactive technology and its unlimited applications.
The classes that I took that might be helpful for this class are: Scenic construction and Advanced Scenic construction, basic welding, computer programming and problem solving, and also basic electricity for live entertainment lab, where we built an electronic kit and I got to solder my first circuit board.
Honestly I have absolutely no idea of what my project will be yet, but I know that as we go, something will come out of it. I only need to focus and give it a little more thought to it, but it will happen.

4 Responses to 1st post

1. rusnuvol says:

Hey Marcelo,
    once again, thanks for the birthday shoutout. you’ve done quite a lot in the past. I believe your welding and soldering skills will come in very handy in whatever is to be built. I, like you, don’t really have a strong grasp on what i want to build with Arduino, basically your in good company.(i think).

2. Michelle K says:

Hello Marcelo,

It’s nice to see another Entertainment Tech major in this class, I think we’re the only ones. I’m interested in lighting, too, and I think it might be cool to figure out a way to make the Arduino chip interact with lights.