SUMMER 2021

Introduction

Hello everyone! My name is Dominique (She/Her) and I am a transfer student from the American Musical & Dramatic Academy where I majored in Dance Theatre. Now, I am a CUNY BA student where I have designed my major of Merchandise Marketing which is based on my passion for both Fashion and Business. I’m looking forward to learning more this semester and taking advantage of this opportunity to gain more knowledge in English and Writing. I am originally from South Jersey and now reside in Manhattan. My favorite writer is Lorraine Hansberry. I have read A Raisin in the Sun during my time as a theater student and during my time at City Tech; Both times were just as captivating. I love to travel and experiences new places, so I’m sharing a gorgeous pictures from my plane ride to Napa Valley, California!

1. Itay

Hi Dominique, It’s nice to discover new majors like yours, Merchandise Marketing. With all that new platforms like Instagram and TikTok, it could be a great path. I wish you good luck! Napa Valley is also one of the destinations that I would like to visit to explore the agriculture scene.

2. Carlos Cholula

Hi! Dominique, as Itay had mentioned it’s nice to discover new majors like yours their very interesting. Wish you good luck on your journey. Never visited Napa Valley, but I would like to in the near future.

3. Carlos Cholula

4. Emily Hu

Hi, Dominique. Seems like my major is similar to yours, Business & Technology of Fashion, but I actually work in social media marketing. I too have a love for fashion but I found that media interested me a bit more. Very interesting that you came from theatre! I’ve always wanted to visit Napa and hopefully I can soon.

5. Sheen

Hello, My name is Sheen. I am from Bangladesh, now I live in Queens, NY. My major is Electrical Engineering Technology. I love circuit designing. From my childhood, I was a little bit good at mathematics. So I want to be an Engineer. I just love to see new technologies. We can’t think of the world without technologies. But my hobby is totally different from my career. In the picture, you can see me with a fishing rod. I love to go fishing.I just wait for summer. The whole summer when I have free time, I go for fishing in beautiful places. Also, I catch them and cook for my friends and family. I really enjoy doing fishing. For my favorite author, I really don’t have any. I don’t read any literature, but I read some science fiction. When I have time, I also love cooking. I am a foodie so I try to cook many recipes. That’s all, I have to tell you about myself. Hope you all are enjoying the summer.Nice to meet you all.

• Mark Noonan

Welcome aboard Sheen (again!). I am very impressed with your fishing and cooking skills!

Prof. Noonan

6. Devante R Moore

Hi my name is Devante Moore i currently work for Mount Sinai Hospital as a housekeeper. My major while attending this school is for radiologic imaging. while working in the hospital I was introduced to x ray by people whose in that department. i have a couple of hobbies such as music, working out and mentoring the the youth. I’m apart of an organization called HUSO. HUSO stands for the Human United Strength Organization, i basically help the youth become physically and mentally strong for the society we live in today. My favorite author is Walter D. Myers, and favorite book is called Monster by Walter D . Myers. I love his books because they relate to where i come from and certain things i experienced in life growing up in Harlem, NY

• Mark Noonan

Welcome aboard Devante. I look forward to hearing more about your interests and work – perhaps in the first essay.

Prof. Noonan

7. Mark Noonan

Thanks for your spirited self-introduction Dominique. I too am a big fan of “A Raisin in the Sun” and the amazing author Loraine Hansberry. I am currently teaching this play (and its sequel) in my summer Drama course in fact.

Prof, Noonan