SUMMER 2021

MIDSUMMER NIGHTS DREAM, PLAYWRITE OF 1969

The film adaptations of a book can be excited to see. Really though, especially while reading the scripts imaginary play-especially on words all you could think was “what in the world, back then was MESSY AND OWNED THEIR RESPONSIBILITIES IN THE END. GOSH,” when really it blew your imagination away. I admit, while attempting to read the play, I got pretty far into it from the great communication that seemed-the words were nothing short of passion. Well who’s the ‘bad guy’ oh, but he earned some bonus point of sense, I kept arguing between Lysander and Hermia as he owned his confessions to Hermia’s Father, seemingly away, there communication was the greatest effort of love. Shakespeare, gives each character exactly what they were created for- character. I was intrigued, So I had to watch the film.

See I went from, ‘what, who, where, why,’ I would say in instance. This play, however zapped so fast I had to double back a versus, Am I inconsistent or is this play really just consistent. At the start of the play, right off it’s entirely nothing but passion, a 3 odder love-ship between Hermia and Lysander, then of course his unconventional courtship ‘beggar with a choice,’ Demetrius. Yup, this must really be just a consistent story line, just different sides of passion whos fate got tested, when the moods switched. As the king states, knowingly in Acts 1 Scene 1, “People who can restrain their passions and stay virgins forever are holy. But although a virgin priestess might be rewarded in heaven, a married woman is happier on Earth. A married woman is like a rose who is picked and made into a beautiful perfume, while a priestess just withers away on the stem (70, Theseus). As clear as day, during the Film adaptations of 1969, by the Royals Shakespeare Company, when night fell  “(the time of night that always hides runaway lovers), we plan to sneak out of Athens (Acts1, Scene 1. lines 211)” As characters are placed in moments of passion each different objectives for creeping, true intentions were revealed, of both passion within received clarifications, from without.

1. Mark Noonan

Thanks for sharing your fun reading of this wacky yet highly imaginative play — which you capture well, Louna.

• Louna Lafond

Indeed it was! THANK YOU FOR SUCH A GREAT EXPERIENCE, I WOULD SAY BY FAR IVE HAD AS A COLLEGE STUDENT REAL SMOOTH PROF!