Spare Time

My internship at the Professional Development Center has been going very well and I have received first hand experience of what it’s like working as a graphic designer for an organization. Although I have worked on a number of projects, there were times where there wasn’t any work for us to do.

During these times when there was no work, I took the opportunity to work on my blogs and read the required readings that were posted up on the internship open lab site. I also did some research on creative jobs to see what other opportunities are out there in the field. I worked on my graphic designer/illustrator resume, updated my Linked In profile and got a chance to play around with Adobe After Effects. I haven’t had much experience with After Effects except for two previous classes where we had to use it. I was able to make a quick animation that says, “Welcome to the Professional Development Center” which fades in and out. You can download and view the link provided below.

welcome_PDC

It was pretty fun to work with and hope to continue learning more animation techniques in the program.