COMD Recruitment Party

I had the opportunity to attend the COMD Recruitment Party which was held on Thursday, September 19, 2019 in the Pearl Building at City Tech.

I had a blast and got a chance to network with students I met for the first time and some that I already know. I went to visit all 3 clubs that were tabling. Ink club, Art and Design club and the Student Government Association. I signed up for the Art and Design Club (https://www.facebook.com/CityTechADC/) and learned about what they do and the different workshops they host. I also signed up to volunteer at some Student Government Association events. I had the chance to speak with professors that I have never had a class with and it was good to talk to them and learn about their professions. I found out that Professor Eli Neugeboren (as seen the picture above with the glasses) will be tabling at the New York Comic Con in October!! Hope you are able to get your tickets!

The event had pizza, music, a photo booth and raffle prizes of which I didn’t win, but it’s all good! Maybe next time. The energy was great and I was very inspired.

I was very happy to attend the event because I never had the time to attend any of the events at City Tech because of my previous job. But now I have more time and would like to attend more events and network as much as possible because you never know what doors are waiting to open for you! What a great time of networking.