Copyright

I have done some projects where I have used images from Google and always made sure I made a note of the resource I use to give credit. Giving credit is very important because the last thing you need is to be sued for stealing someone else’s work without permission. And this applies, to art, writing, music, designs, etc. Now when I try to make flyers, I always make sure that I get pictures from free stock photo sites or use my own imagery. There are many feee photo sites to use. The one I like to use is called “Pexels” which has a lot of nice photos. Even though they are free, you can make a donation to the photographer who provided it or say thank you to still give some sort of appreciation for using their photo.

Fairey Copyright Case

This just shows that no matter how much or little you may try to alter an image that is not yours, it eventually be discovered that you stole someone’s work. It’s sad that eventually that Fairey was found guilty of using Garcia’s photo of Barack Obama. It is very important that you get permission when you are using someone else’s work though you may think it is fair use. Also doing research on this matter is very important so that you are aware or the consequences.

I am still learning about copyrighting because I am also a Graphic Designer and need to be careful of images I use to make my flyers and where I am sending those flyers.