Getelman/Murray-Luchia

It is amazing how our brain changes, I could not even imagine what would have been if I was in the room in December 28th, 1895 seeing that train on a screen for a first time.

Is as if the knowledge of movie existence is built in my DNA , is part of me and cannot comprehend the idea of not knowing what is like otherwise.

The question raised by Aldous Huxley “Will the stories brought to us by the new representational technologies "mean anything" in the same way that Shakespeare's plays mean something, or will they be "told by an idiot"?

I think that we bring to life stories that are meaningful and significant to us so if in this time our e society has concerns such as Global warming that is what we will be writing about? I think that the problem is not the topic of discussion but the way is told. Shakespeare wrote about things that are meaningful to us too, however they were not life changing events but the way he wrote  was extraordinary.

Will we be able to tell stories like him I think is more of a concern rather then will we find what subjects to write about?

And to contradict myself I will have to say that he created, and gave life to some of the most complex and memorable characters but they all were inspired from real life people, now the question is “Do we have such a complex human beings now so we can create stories about or we are “idiots”.

To answer Noah questions I would say that I am somewhere between. Meaning that, yes I think Janet Murray is rights that we didn’t  achieve full potential however in my opinion we didn’t s do  so in a technological aspect and we will continue to grow in understanding and creating new ways to entertain us.  

On the other hand to back Lisa Getelman’s vision I will say that yes we achieved our potential but I think only in the aspect of exploring the human being.

We don’t explore US anymore and who we are as human beings.

We shifted the focus from inside out to outside in.  We look and will look for ways to entertain us rather than been content with who we are without needing all the distractions and gadgets.

In my opinion life is what you make of it and if you choose to see the complexity and beauty you can find gold in the dirt, so there is still more to come and there are many more thing to discover and concur.

This entry was posted in Getelman-Murray, Luchia Dragosh. Bookmark the permalink.