Architect: Yes or No?

Kevin Carrillo

I believe that this question generates a debate within those currently studying architecture. Personally, I would like to one day become a Registered Architect. I believe that obtaining this license will open more doors in the future. Although it’s time-consumingĀ  I would like to one day see my hard work pay off. Becoming an RA would allow me to be more involved in the design process and eventually sign-off on projects. I believe that becoming an RA would be somewhat like a capstone to my education as it is my main goal and my main motivation in school. Achieving this license will allow me to work on my own and also start a firm if the opportunity shows up. Although it’s a dream to work at a major firm, I want to be able to do it as an Architect and lead people. obtaining this license would not only allow meĀ to work as an architect but if ever neededĀ a consultant as well.

The journey is not easy and I want to look back one day and say that it was worth it! I wouldn’t be at peace with myself knowing that I spent countless hours working on projects and to not go all out for the ARE. I know that there’s a lotĀ of work that still needs to be done but my main focus on becoming a RegisteredĀ Architect is still on sight. I like taking on new challenges in life and working in different projects will help me to further expand my knowledge of the different aspects of Architecture. In this area of study, one can never stop learning and that also motivates me to keep moving forward.Ā  With these thoughts in mind,Ā I will continue to learn and strive towards reaching my goal of becoming an Architect in New York!