Case Study #1

My evaluation for this project is that, based in what I learned in previous classes, an environment were workers have limited access to windows, and that is packed of people, could be very uncomfortable.

Based on studies, people could not work very efficiently when they are on a too closed environment especially if the lighting is poor or they have no windows. Maybe having the appropriate lighting could make the workers feel better, but still they could work more efficiently with having access to windows so they can mentally feel less claustrophobic.

Also the client wants to have as many people as possible, but in this case it could possibly work by having the appropriate circulation, or if having an appropriate distance between the workers so that the they do not feel uncomfortable, if their duties should be accomplished in a stationary way.

An approach to the design would be to sit with the client, explain to him those facts, and show him examples, so that he can understand that this way the workers will work on a more efficiently way which seems to be is his main concern.

I think this discussion should be addressed with the client before we sign the contract, because at the end the client will pay for what he wants, whether it is what he requested at the beginning or he decides to accommodate to our criteria. If my name will be involve in the design of this place I want the workers who walk in say “This architect was awesome” instead of saying “who was the killer who design this place.”