Case Study #1

When a client comes to an architect for a project such as an office building, the job of the architect is to not only listen to what the clients wants but to think of all the people who would use and experience this space. Sometimes what the client wants and what’s best for everyone thats going to inhabit the space doesn’t always align. Having an office space where everyone is packed together and is far away from windows creates a hostile work environment. People should work in a space that promotes privacy, comfort, and have access to windows. The wants of the client is unethical because he isn’t considering his workers who would be in this space 8 hours a day, 5 days a week.

If I were faced with this design challenge I would try to come up with multiple solutions that benefit the workers while still trying to be efficient. Some information that I would need from the client is what kind of business is it, how many employees would occupy the space, their budget, and what kind of programs they want. This is best to discuss before accepting the job to make sure that the client is flexible and allows you to create a design that is moral.

Ashley Herasme

One thought on “Case Study #1”

1. I totally agree with the an architect having morals when thinking about how the space will be used. As well as the comfortability of everyone including the client. I like when you stated “Sometimes what the client wants and what’s best for everyone that’s going to inhabit the space doesn’t always align.” it was beautifully said.