Open Lab Assignment #1: Introduction

(categorize and post under introduction)

Essay due Tuesday, September 4 by 12 midnight.                                                      Comments due Thursday, September 6 by 6 am

Tell us about yourself. Why do you want to study architecture? What meaning does architecture have for you? Some topics you may want to include: where were you born, what languages do you speak, how long have you been at City Tech, did you attend other colleges, what is your reaction to college, do you have any experiences with architecture or construction. So let me begin…

My name is Barbara Smith Mishara. I prefer to be called Professor Mishara. I am a native New Yorker and, although I lived in Manhattan for many years, I consider myself a native Brooklynite. I’m a registered architect with a specialization in historic preservation. I earned my architectural degrees from New York Institute of Technology and Columbia University. I tried several careers, but I was never satisfied; I was not using all my abilities. Then I found architecture! I love the complexity and challenge of combining so many elements into one project. I truly believe what I talk about in class. Architecture is not only design or only construction, but a synthesis of “firmness, commodity and delight”. I also relish my role as teacher. I enjoy sharing my love and knowledge of architecture with my students. I look forward to our collaboration this semester.

This post is 144 words. Your post should contain between 100-200 words. Remember to comment on another’s post or to ask the blogger a question. There is no word count for comments.

This entry was posted in Introduction. Bookmark the permalink.