Session Objectives:

• To identify and discuss the components of a syllabus 
  • To make connections between college resources and information presented in a syllabus 
  • To discuss the role of your instructor in the learning process 
  • To develop questions pertaining to the information presented on the syllabus

To-Do Before Class

Complete the workshop reflection for session #1 by replying to reflection post.

Create an OpenLab account.

Download the workshop notes that can be found in the files section of this site. Use the workshop notes to support your own note taking during class.

Activities

add the class session activities here

To-Do After Class

Complete the Reflection for session #2

where does the following go?

Read the following quote by Dr. Pamela Brown, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs:

Learning is a source of hope for a better future. It requires hard work and sacrifice which can be even more difficult in challenging times. Your time in college is also your opportunity to connect with others, lift your spirit, enrich your life, and develop the skills and knowledge to make a difference in your community.
— Dr. Pamela Brown, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs

Choose a question below and write a reflection in the comment box at the bottom of this page.

• What life experiences have prepared me for college?
  • When I have been faced with a difficult situation, what strategies did I use to find a solution?
  • How will I create positive academic habits for myself?

Read and comment on another student’s post. These are your classmates, encourage them to work towards their goals.

Print this page