Title Writing Task Resilience- Karem Ali

One thing that has been hard for me during the pandemic was when I couldn’t go outside. That was hard for me because, I couldn’t go to school or hang out with my friends and I also couldn’t go to work. So I used to be very bored at home with nothing to do and just play video games and watch anime most of the time. It was also especially hard on me for school because, I found myself being lazy and getting bad grades because, I was being lazy. Also because, I was being lazy I wasn’t performing up to my own standards so I was very disappointed in myself. Usually when I go to school I pay more attention in class where as when I’m home and the teacher can’t see me I’m on my phone not paying attention.

To stop me from doing that now I usually put my phone on do not disturb or make sure it’s very far away from me. That’s what I was doing at first but then I realized that it didn’t really help. So now I sit up at my desk and take out a pen and paper during class. What I used to do before was wake up 5 minutes before class and I’d be extremely tired, barely able to open my eyes then I would join the class and not pay attention at all. Now I wake up at least a hour before class and make sure I eat breakfast so my brain can have some fuel to start working. So what I did to cope was basically just fix my schedule and how I operate.

1 thought on “Title Writing Task Resilience- Karem Ali”

1. In paragraph one, you need to be more clear: what was the ONE thing that was hard for you in the pandemic? FOCUS ON ONE THING!

You start by wrtiting that not being able to go outside was hard for you. Then in the same paragraph, you switch to something else.
    You write: It was also especially hard on me for school because, I found myself being lazy and getting bad grades because, I was being lazy. [Repetitive wording]
    Are you still writing about the hardship of being cooped in your house?

Then in Par 2 connect that to the ONE coping strategy you used to help you with that ONE hardship. What did putting your phone on do not disturb, how did this help you cope with being stuck in the house or with being lazy?