Writing Task Resilience- Anastasia Ortiz

During the pandemic one thing that has been really difficult for me was the lack of motivation it created. While being at home and online it was super easy to join class by either computer, laptop, or even my phone. Because of this i never felt the need to get out of bed or wake up early anymore. I could literally join the class; camera off, mic muted and go straight back to sleep. This kind of behavior created a very unhealthy routine for me, I would wake up when the day was already over then go back to sleep when the sun was coming up. Simple everyday tasks became a huge chore and the actual chores i needed to do rarely got done. It also caused me to fall pretty behind in work when i was in high school and my grades fell hard.

Something I did that increased my resilience through this, was making a mental change in myself. I tricked myself into believing that every weekday I had a normal day of class at the physical building. This way i would actually set proper alarms and wake up earlier. I went back into my pre-pandemic routine of waking up, getting ready, and eating breakfast. This helped my grades improve cause now i was awake and fully alert during class and turning in my assignments on time. I also turned my desk facing away from my bed and move all electronics away from my bed at night , so in the morning I would have to leave my bed in order to join.

7 thoughts on “Writing Task Resilience- Anastasia Ortiz”

1. AMAZING! This shows how smart, resilient, and resourceful you are. Great description and great details and honesty! Your paragraph 2 on your solution/strategy is well-developed and it is a good explanation of the power of imagination or visualization. Excellent Strategy. Also you focus each paragraph on ONE thing. Good Job!

2. , mic muted and go straight back to sleep. This kind of behavior created a very unhealthy routine for me, I would wake up when the day was already over then

3. a sınıfa katılmak çok kolaydı. Bu nedenle artık yataktan kalkma veya erken kalkma ihtiyacı hiç hissetmedim. Kelimenin tam anlamıyla sınıfa katılabilirdim; ka

4. very unhealthy routine for me, I would wake up when the day was already over then go back to sleep when the sun was coming up. Simple everyday tasks became a huge chore and the actual chores i needed to do rarely got done. It also caused me