STUDENT EXAMPLES GENRE PROJECT
Here is an example essay I wrote for a previous class using just MSWord: ESSAY 2 sample of My Neighborhood Essay
Prof Blain’s Multi-Modal Genre Project Presentation
How to Create and Present a Survey
How to Create a Visual Poem Experience
A Viral Poem for A Viral Time Kitty O’Meara Poem (see the visual poem that a fan made using O’Meara words)
How to Make a Visual Poem JPGetty Museum
Tips on Reciting a PoemPoetry Out Loud
Create a Visual PoemCreative Educator
More Resources for Creating Multi-Modal Texts
- Free music: https://www.purple-planet.com/
- Free sound effects: http://soundbible.com/free-sound-effects-1.html
- Copyright safe images (photos, clip art, etc): https://search.creativecommons.org/
- Audio creator/editor: https://www.audacityteam.org/ [easy to use with a full range of tools, lots of videos about how to use it]
- Here’s a review about free audio editing software https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best- free-audio-editor
- https://www.canva.com/ is a mostly free (especially if you upload your own images) design program that does everything from posters and banners to storyboards and comic strips. A real go-to tool for a lot of people
- https://piktochart.com/ The free version has a 40MB image upload limit.
- Online comic maker: https://www.makebeliefscomix.com/
- Stock videos (and photos): https://www.pexels.com
- Illustrations you can manipulate: https://undraw.co/illustrations
- Video editor that’s free and great for beginners: https://videopad-video-editor.en.softonic.com/
- YouTube Studio will give you lots of tutorials about how to create videos.
https://screencast-o-matic.com/ Screencast-o-matic is free if you want to do screen capture videos from your laptop. Word of warning: if you really want to do some close editing work, it will cost, but for the basics, it’s fine. You can upload the resulting video to YouTube.
AND EVEN MORE PRODUCTION RESOURCES!