RAB SOURCE ENTRY 2- jerelyn Velazquez

My research question is how mental health affects college students. This topic interests me because I think mental health is not spoken of, especially in school. I think it’s important because college can affect a student’s energy level, concentration, dependability, and mental ability. Attending college can be a stressful time for many students. In addition to coping with academic pressure, some students have to deal with stressful tasks. I am a college student myself. I do see that I lose motivation and sometimes I feel down about myself. Sometimes schoolwork can be overwhelming.

Question

Source entry #1

Part 1 MLA citation

https://www.nea.org/nea-today/all-news-articles/mental-health-crisis-college-campuses

Part 2: Summary   In New Today states how mental health affects college students and how the depth of these mental health issues has become so severe that it’s affecting college student’s ability to persevere in their studies, and they are easily distracted. It says that it causes emotional stress. Students told researchers that the courses can be overwhelming many mentioned concerns of depression and anxiety. Shivers an associate professor of sociology states that “When you have a lot of stuff going on, school becomes less of a priority,”

part 3: rhetorical question

the article from ”the National Library of Medicine” states that college can be a stressful time for many students In addition to coping with academic pressure, some students have to deal with stressful tasks. many college students have to face challenging tasks taking on more adult-like responsibilities without having yet mastered the skills and cognitive maturity of adulthood.

part 4: notable quotes

“You are not alone. You are seen. I am with you. You are not alone.” — Shonda Rhimes

“Mental health problems don’t define who you are. They are something you experience. You walk in the rain and you feel the rain, but, importantly, YOU ARE NOT THE RAIN.” — Matt Haig

“The advice I’d give to somebody that’s silently struggling is, you don’t have to live that way. You don’t have to struggle in silence. You can be un-silent. You can live well with a mental health condition, as long as you open up to somebody about it, because it’s really important you share your experience with people so that you can get the help that you need.” — Demi

“Just remember, you are not alone, in fact, you are in a very commonplace with millions of others. We need to help each other and keep striving to reach our goals.” — mike moreno