Project Proposal- Brianna L.

My Research Question is, How is gentrification by wealthy US citizens affecting Puerto Rico properly/ real estate/ ability to buy houses?

I want to teach my audience that people of Puerto Rico continue to suffer the economic crisis where they are losing their homes because wealthy people are taking their homes and making them Air Bnb’s. Being that Puerto Rico is a U.S territory, the United States should assist Puerto Rico and shouldn’t allow all of these changes to happen so drastically. The audience I am trying to reach is the Biden Administration and Puerto Ricans. The genre that I want to use for this genre project is an Informational Poster. I want to do this so I can be more specific on how Puerto Ricans losing their homes and public beaches takes a toll on them and show this type of declaration in my piece. I intend to start by explaining Puerto Rico and what it is to the United States. This will help explain why it’s so important for the United States to take Puerto Rico’s economic crisis more seriously. I will be using the Mentor Text Analysis guiding questions to help me with this genre project. I will Be using Canva for this project. The mentor quote I chose is https://communitiesinc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Bystander-InterventionQuick-Guide-to-Reporting-Hate-Crime-ISD.pdf