Reading Response | Malcolm X – Mohaimanul Islam

Part A

Part B:

ā€œI was so fascinated that I went on ā€” I copied the dictionaryā€™s next page. And the same experience cameā€¦ It went a lot faster after so much practiceā€¦ I got back out of bed onto the floor area of that light-glow, where I would read for another fifty-eight minutesā€” until the guard approached again.ā€

ā€œPrison Studiesā€ by Malcolm X, para. 8 & 14

This quote signifies that, rather than being forced or having nothing to do, Malcolm found interest in reading and learning more about words. He wasnā€™t forced to sit and read 2 hours a day by a security guard, on the contrary, he hid his study breaks from security guards. Humbling himself, he regards his spoken word to be that of eight grade level. However, a personā€™s current level of understanding on a topic doesnā€™t compare their want or need to progress.

1 thought on “Reading Response | Malcolm X – Mohaimanul Islam”

1. You are not paying attention to the instructiosn on how to do this HW. You need to read Announcements SUPER CAREFULLY. Go back to Feb 4 Announcements where I explain how to do this kind of HW. ALSO go back to read the Announcement for this HW 4 and read my instructions again.