Success Tips-Ana Briones

Tip 1:Participate

After reading the syllabus for most of my classes I realized how important participation is for almost all classes. This was a very hard thing for me to wrap my mind around because I remember participation being important in school but not to the point where my grade can be affected by it. I never liked participating because I always felt like I was gonna have the wrong response but now I realize that participating isn’t about being right or wrong. Its mostly about communicating and building the conversation. Instead of being shy to participate, I will now try to communicate with my classmates and ask my professor questions that I could’ve been scared to ask before.

Tip 2:Find Study Skills That Work For You

A lot of the times my assignments will not get done on time and I realized what the reason behind it was. It was because I would begin it at the wrong time of the day. When I get out of school I have a two hour period before I have to get to work and in that two hour period I would try to squeeze in some homework time but I just couldn’t get to writing. For some odd reason the words wouldn’t come to me and after reading about it I realized working under pressure is what creates the problem. It’s not until late at night when I get back from work that I feel like I can get some work done. I would say I’m a better writer late at night when everything is silent. So now that I know what works for me, completing my assignments on time will be much easier.

1 thought on “Success Tips-Ana Briones”

1. Excellent! You give such good thoughtful responses here. This shows that you are learning to know yourself and what works for you. Ana, I wish you would speak up more in class. I know you have insightful things to share! Please be brave and jump in!