Reading Response RLW Nathaniel B

“What is it about the way this text is written that makes you feel and respond the way you do?”

I pulled this quote out from the rest because it made me understand that everything you write conveys emotion. So when you read like a writer not only are you observing someone’s writing technique, but you are also watching for how a writer conveys emotion to their readers. This quote also made me understand that in a weird way when you write you are supposed to be somewhat of a manipulator of those reading your work so that they have certain reactions to your writing. And moving even a little bit further from that concept when you read like a writer, observing how the smallest of choices affect readers, you then can begin to think about how different choices may affect readers with your writing.

2 thoughts on “Reading Response RLW Nathaniel B”

1. I agree with the fact that you need to be “somewhat of a manipulator”, guiding the way your reader thinks and feels while reading is necessary as an author but is also the traits of a manipulator”. I also like your quote because of the fact that it’s asking you how the authors writing makes you feel so that you can perceive at this question through a readers lens and then take that view point to aid in your own writing.