Success Tips- Randy Carrasco

Tip 1- Finding study skills that work me for me is significant to me because I believe that to have good grades you need to study and understand the material in order to succeed. I am a person who sometimes can’t study very well because I either get bored or I just can’t understand the material, so I need to find ways to study where I won’t get bored and where I will be able to remember all the information I need. Something that I am gonna do differently is that I will try different study methods to see which one helps me the most and keep that method until I find an other one.

Tip 2- Understanding deadlines is also significant to me because I am a person who procrastinates a lot and I always end up doing my work a day before its due. By understanding deadlines I will be able to organize myself and will stop doing the work a day before it’s due. Something I will do different is that I will have a planner where I will organize all my work so the work from my other classes won’t build up. I will also have my own deadlines where I will try to do the work before it is due so I won’t b

2 thoughts on “Success Tips- Randy Carrasco”

1. For the study skills, im glad I chose to read yours because it actually benefited me. I never looked at it that way until the way you said it. Hopefully I will use those methods to get better at engaging towards my work academically.

2. One thing that stood out to me was your first tip. I find that I tend to forget or don’t know certain things as well since I don’t fully grasp what I read sometimes. I think a good way to understand what you read is by using context clues which can help you understand the author’s message. Also, another way I find useful is questioning the author’s purpose for adding that piece of information which can make you more intrigued in reading as well as understanding the text.