RAB Source Entry 1 – Asghar Ali Khan

Part 1: MLA citation

Taitz, Jenny. “How to Deal with Quarantine-Induced Social Anxiety.” The New York Times, The New York Times, 12 Nov. 2020, https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/12/smarter-living/covid-social-anxiety.html

Graphic Organizer

Main Idea: Social Anxiety was overcoming during the CV, but people was overcoming that by stepping outside and making themselves socialize with others.

Supporting Detail: 
 Rather then replaying your social mistakes, adopt the mind-set that being human is endearing.
 Supporting Detail:  Dr.Marsha Linehan teach the acronym G.I.V.E.: Be Gentle, Interested, Validating and have an Easy manner. The technique stems from the relationship thrive when we articulate empathy (Speaking fluently and understanding what you hear and share).

Supporting Detail: 
“Your attention is a spotlight, and you get to choose where to point it” According to Dr.Hendriksen. He said that that focusing on your own performance and aspiring to be the perfect mis of hailrious

Part 2 – Summary

In “How to Deal with Quarantine-Induced Social Anxiety.” Jenny Taitz dictates that Social Anxiety was overcoming during the covid, but people was to overcome that by stepping outside and making themselves socialize with others. Rather than replaying your social mistakes, adopt the mind-set that being human is endearing. Dr.Marsha Linehan teach the acronym G.I.V.E.: Be Gentle, Interested, Validating and have an Easy manner. The technique stems from the relationship thrive when we articulate empathy (Speaking fluently and understanding what you hear and share). “Your attention is a spotlight, and you get to choose where to point it”

According to Dr.Hendriksen. He said that focusing on your own performance and aspiring to be the perfect mis of hailrious.

Part 3 – Reflection

I agree that the COVID-19 pandemic led to increased sources of stress for many people, along with changes in the ways we connect with others from trying to stay clear of COVID-19 to spending less time in-person with the loved ones and colleagues. Now that restrictions are easing up and more office workers are returning to the workforce in person, there is less virtual socialization and more face-to-face interactions. While some have been anticipating this and looking forward to a “return to normal,” others have preferred the more isolated lifestyle experienced during the pandemic. Those who deal with social anxiety have found remote learning, work, and socialization to be ideal.

Some people who have never experienced social anxiety in the past may go through re-entry anxiety an uneasiness about returning to the old normal of schools and offices, hugs and handshakes, and social gatherings large and small. This can come from them becoming comfortable with social distancing and the remote lifestyle.

Part 4 – Notable Quotable

“I had nothing to talk about,And social media led me to think most people were thriving and I was doing worse.”

“I know everyone is taking a different approach to distancing, but I’m looking forward to seeing you and am being careful. Please don’t misread my body language as not wanting to get to know you.”

“Your attention is a spotlight and you get to choose where to point it,”