Mentor Text Analysis-Faustina Gyamfi (Update)

The photos I looked at it was “Helping to Heal” by Chris Usher. The author begins by talking about the remote area medical foundation which they provide health care to the poor, but they don’t cover them for being treat but they have to pay. There are different pictures, each picture has it explaining. For example, the first picture said there was a clinic who organized a fairground in wise, Virginia to exam the people who are sick. The theme was helping people in need. No there wasn’t chronological order. I think this is a narrative because he connected and explain about each people. This picture does not say much but looking at the picture you can explain them without seeing any words. After looking at these pictures I found am idea on how to start my own photo essay. I will use lot of pictures as Chris used in his own and try to explain each picture.

3 thoughts on “Mentor Text Analysis-Faustina Gyamfi (Update)”

1. Ok, first off you need to restructure your sentences because it doesn’t make sense. Also, there are some grammatical errors such as “incorporate,” it should be “incorporated.

Did you mean to make the 2nd sentence a question? And instead of writing ” You could say the author,” it would be better if you wrote, “You could tell that the author.” Not to mention, the rest of the sentence needs to be rewritten since it also doesn’t make sense.

Something else I should comment on is that you’re explaining the video’s content. You’re only supposed to write about the structure of the video.

2. Faustina:

We talked about this in class yesterday in computer lab (with your friend Isaiah helping).

Are you sticking to the photo essay.

You need better analysis here, as I talked you through during Lab class time.

How does this photo essay begin? How are the pictures organized? What is the unifying theme? Is there a chronological order? How do the words match the pictures? Do you get ideas for your own Photo Essay on how the pandemic has effected teen mental health? What will you do similarly?

LOOK AT THE INSTRUCTIONS ON ANNOUNCEMENTS for HW 2.

Problem: You have not done much analyzing.

AND: You need to express your ideas more clearly. For example, you write: The text incorporate is storytelling. What do you mean????

3. You write: “I think this is a narrative because he connected and explain about each people.”  Narrative means it tells a story. What story is Usher telling with his pictures?

This is not clearly written: “This picture does not say much but looking at the picture you can explain them without seeing any words. [What does this mean?] After looking at these pictures I found am idea on how to start my own photo essay. I will use lot of pictures as Chris used in his own and try to explain each picture.” — Of course you will use a lot of pictures because that is what a photo essay does.

PROBLEM: YOU ARE NOT EXPLAINING YOUR IDEAS CLEARLY.