Reading Response to Malcolm X -Faustina Gyamfi (Update)

Part A:

Part B:

“My homemade education gave me, with every additional book that I read, little bit more sensitivity to the deafness, dumbness, and blindness that was afflicting the black race in American. Not long ago, an English writer telephoned me from London, asking questions. One was, “What’s your alma mater?” I told him, “Books.” You will never catch me with a free fifteen minutes in which I’m not studying something I feel might be able to help the black man.”

According to Malcolm X, he said even though he didn’t go to school, but he taught himself. He wanted to hear, speak, see what black race was happening in American. He speaks well that an English writer from London interview him asking him. One of the questions was what school he attended. He said books because he didn’t attend any school, but he taught himself. He said he wasn’t studying only book but studying anything that changes the live of black men.

2 thoughts on “Reading Response to Malcolm X -Faustina Gyamfi (Update)”

1. HI Faustina:

Part A Good annotations!

Part B: Now — you can make this HW better. The instructions and what we practiced in class was: explaining each sentence of Malcolm X in your own words. So you need to write a sentence that says what Malcolm X is saying in that sentence, but in your own words. You will do this for EACH sentence in your chosen quote. It’s like translating into plain spoken English. Also you will need to explain the key words. For example, you need to explain what is “alma mater.”

We practiced this exact activity in class on Wednesday.

I know you are trying hard. You will get this! I know you can do it.