Reading Response to Malcolm X — Yocelin

One quota that really stood out to me was “The hardest test I ever faced in my life was praying. You understand. My comprehending, my believing the teachings of Mr. Muhammad had only required my mind’s saying to me, “That’s right!” or “I never thought of that. But bending my knees to pray — that act — well, that took me a week.” This quote could be found in paragraph 4, and it stood out to me a lot because sometimes reflecting on everything that has happened and finding time to talk to God can be a really challenging thing to do for some people. In the quote it says it took him time for him to actually have the courage to go and start praying. I believe praying is a way for people to reflect on their actions that’s why it can be so challenging to people. It’s a way for you to really reflect on your actions and see everything that you have done good or bad. This quote is meaningful because it shows that everyone has a weakness.

2 thoughts on “ Reading Response to Malcolm X — Yocelin”

1. Hi Yocelin:

Please read instructions found in Announcements for each HW. Where is your picture of annotated page? This was required for this HW.

In Part B: you need to explain every sentence in a parallel sentence of your own words. You are in a sense translating each of Malcolm X’s sentences into your sentence using your own words. WE DID THIS IN CLASS ON WEDNESDAY.

Your chosen quote: “The hardest test I ever faced in my life was praying. You understand. My comprehending, my believing the teachings of Mr. Muhammad had only required my mind’s saying to me, “That’s right!” or “I never thought of that. But bending my knees to pray — that act — well, that took me a week.”

YOu could write for your answer: The hardest thing I ever did was try to pray. Do you understand? …. Before I was only required to agree with Muhammad’s lessons. However, for me to actually bend my knees and get down on my knees took me an entire week.

Please choose another passage and do the same as my example.

Best,

Prof. Wu

PS — I am glad you have started to post your HWs. Now you still have some seroius catching up to do. HW 1,2,3,and5.