Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Shitty First Drafts

• Work on your own “shitty first draft”! Look at the material you’ve generated through brainstorming and freewriting, and use the process below to help you form your writing into a draft:
    • First, answer the following questions: 
      • What have you decided to focus on for your education narrative? Why have you chosen to tell this particular story?
      • What is the meaning/significance of your story? Why should people read it? Write this out in one sentence.
      • In one word, how do you want people to feel when they are done reading your story? 
      • Freewrite details you remember about the situation you are describing: include people, places, dialogue, feelings, thoughts, etc. that are in some way connected to your story.
    • Second, review what you have so far and try to label the features of your narrative arc. 
      • Exposition/Inciting Incident (who, what, when, where  and how does your story begin?)
      • Rising Action (you should include a lot of the story details here)
      • Climax (the moment of most drama and significance)
      • Falling Action (what happened after?)
      • Resolution (what was the result of this experience? What is the significance?)
    • On a new piece of paper (or a new screen) use all the writing and thinking you have done to draft your education narrative.

1. Kanye Jackson

1. I Have Decided To Choose The Story About How I Witnessed A Teenager Getting Jumped on Public Transportation Due to Gang Violence. I chose this because Awareness and Security should be a high priority with outside alone.
    2. The Meaning is Stay Alert and Be Focused Also don’t Associate yourself with bad people. To educate themselves on being open to learning about their surroundings and who to hang with.
    3. Intrigued
  2. Jasmine Egoavil

I decided to focus on how one person, her personality, changed my perspective on everything. I’ve chosen to tell this particular story because if I didn’t get to meet her I don’t think I would be the same person I am right now. It’s something important to me. The meaning of this story is to have an open mind. Even if you don’t, try to have an open mind. I think people should read this because I believe that I can change the way a person thinks. I want people to feel accepting when they are done reading my story.

3. kc castillo

I decided to focus on my experiences of living in the Philippines, Australia and New York. I chose to tell this particular story because if it weren’t for these experiences I wouldn’t be the person I am today. The meaning of my story is to be open minded because by doing so it could lead you to new opportunities. I think people should read it to see how having an open mind can make a huge difference in your life. Once people are done reading my story I want them to feel motivated.

4. Daniel Michaelov

I chose to write about a lesson my English teacher told me in high school that I still use to this day. this lesson is important, and it can be used by everyone. inspired.

5. Haifa

I decided to focus on how I learned English, I choose to tell this particular story to show how learning a language change my whole life.

The meaning is nothing come easy till you keep trying and never give up. People should read it to see how learning language makes me go through different experiences.

Ambition

6. Princesa Ingles

I chose to write about my experience on cooking.I chose to write about cooking because I will and I do use it in my everyday life . This writing is meaningful because it’s something I do in my regular routine and something that gets me and my mom close. Cooking has so much culture to it and I believe that is what makes it important to learn . I want my readers to feel inspired so a word I would choose to describe is inspiration.

7. Jordan :v

I’m focusing on starting your journey in anything and pushing everything holding you back away, because I myself am learning how to do this now.

My story is probably everyone’s story, I’m pretty sure everyone thinks the same, but I just want to express how I feel at the moment with pursuing music.

Energetic

Hopefully when you read my story, you get the energy to hopefully continue where you left off with something.

Procrastination, Open-mindedness, Ambition, Dreams, and Getting things done.

• Kristen Santamaria

â—Ź I decided to focus on the culinary food protection exam I took my senior year of highschool. I chose to tell this story because I felt like it impacted how I saw myself in the future.

â—ŹPeople should read this to better understand that you’re not always going to be able to get it right the first time and its okay.

â—Źrelief

• jenesis

I’ve chosen to write about how the divorce of my parents influenced me in many ways. This is a significant story in my life because it happened at a very young age. As I got older and time went by I learned a lot about myself. I was able to learn that everything in life happens for a reason. I was able to discover new things about myself. In one word I would want the people to feel motivated in some way after they are done reading my story. I was able to label the features of my narrative. I emphasized The Who what and why so the reader can understand what’s going on.