Faculty Name | Section | Semester

Moving towards a final draft

• Think about your reader and the direction and flow of your piece. Where do you want the reader to pause and reflect? Where do you want to push them ahead to the next idea? Where do you want to remind them of something you said earlier? Where do you want to emphasize something? Use transition phrases to direct your reader and to connect ideas. To help you integrate transitions, consult Purdue Owl’s list of transitions and Purdue OWL’s explanation of how to write transitions.
  • Return to your draft and do the following:
    • Find a place where you can describe a person, place, or action/event using vivid description. Consider all five senses and add at least two to that description.
    • Find two places where you can add dialogue and do so.

Leave a comment detailing your additions.

1. Malachi

I am adding more deeper explanations

2. HectorP

Something I left unexplained in my draft was what a growth mindset even is. In my draft I’ll make sure to say that a fixed mindset is thinking that you’re either good at something or you’re not. A growth mindset is thinking that you can improve you’re skills with effort and practice. This explanation should show how important a change from a fixed to a growth mindset is.

3. Emanuel

I have been adding more dialogue, more detail/information instead of giving one line explanations. Also added in a little descriptive language.

4. Angelina Valerio

In my first draft, I mostly focused on dialogue and the timeline of events. For my final draft, I’m going to be more descriptive, add more details, and construct my paragraphs better.

5. Donaji Morales

Someplace where I describe a vivid description would be in the event of my life experiences or examples of how I was raised as well as my thoughts. In addition to adding a dialogue between my mother and I.

6. oliviaj18

I’m adding more description and imagery to make you feel what I went through =)