One of the Gordon Parks pictures I decided to recreate was this one of Muhammed Ali which was taken back in 1960-1970’s. I choose to do this picture of Muhammed Ali because it seemed really interesting to me that Gordon Parks and Muhammed Ali got to work together to see what goes on backstage when he’s not in the ring. This image was then used in the maganize of Issue of Life back in 1966. What can be found cultural in his work with this that Gordon Parks has influenced a lot of people especially Muhammed Ali this created an image that americans haven’t seen before. This is what got to basically show people how the boxer works in and out of the ring. I think the public should understand the photo I choose as an interesting photo I guess because it makes you wonder how did that day actually go was it easy, hard, was he happy while taking the photo, did they developed a friendship etc. You know stuff like that.

These particular images matter today because us as humans It feels like we get a glimpse of what life/cameras was back like back then. Capturing something with a camera and putting it out for people to see can also have people like your work but maybe get them to think like wow I should book him or her for my next shoot or I wonder if I can get a shoot from him. The most important elements to preserve in this recreation is to at least capture the image that altough there not in the same environment at least you can tell where the picture is about. There both doing the same thing and I guess it was to also prove that anyone can do that same pose as in the picture I guess.

I don’t know what his shutter speed was for the original photo i’m guessing a 0.6 shutter speed i’m not sure to be honest. Maybe it was less or higher. The light source was black and white it looks like the light was coming in from the window and the light around seems to capture a good lighting to take the picture. The picture I took wasn’t like that there is a mixture of light and dark because this was taken under the train station. In the original picture the angle was basically right in front of him like fully just straight. I don’t know what type of photographic composition for the shots I know I only know that it was straight regular photo.