Create, Dracula 22-27, by Ayshe Kerim

From Quincey’s perspective–

Today I woke up feeling extremely curious. I asked my parents how they came about naming me “Quincey”. I was told they named me after a man named “Quincey Morris” a man who died in honor in a savage battle. Hearing this, my curiosity grew even more! They said that many years ago there was this evil man named, “Count Dracula” who was a vampire thirsty for blood and growing his vampire army. Mama and Papa told me that many people were scared of this man Dracula because he was very powerful and evil. They said that he knew how to climb on walls and how to travel from one place to another without making any sounds. Imagine that! I noticed that whenever they talked about Dracula, they talked to him in the past tense. I may be young but I am clever! I asked them what happened to Mr. Count Dracula. They said that they and a few of their men had to kill him, because his powers were becoming too powerful. Mama told me that she was once bitten by him and he had to drink his blood. Hearing this, I wanted to throw up instantly! I can not imagine such a thing at all. Thinking about it, Mama was almost a vampire. Mama told me that since they killed him, she could no longer turn into a vampire. I know that my parents experienced something great and evil because of this man Dracula and I am so happy that he is dead and gone forever. I am sad that my own mother was once a victim of this cruel thing. Mama and Papa told me that they will tell me much more when I am older and ready to hear more about their crazy journey they had. I am too eager to know more! I wish I was old now! 🙁

His hunger to find out the truth and what became of it definitely shows that Quincey is a child of Mina and Jonathan. He is eager to learn more about his parents’ encounter with the evil vampire man Dracula, but is aware that when the time is right, he will be told a great deal more of their hectic adventure.

One thought on “Create, Dracula 22-27, by Ayshe Kerim”

1. I like your Quincy’s perspective because in the “Note”, it stated “In the summer of this year we made a journey to Transylvania, and went over the old ground which was, and is, to us so full of vivid and terrible memories”. So it’s still fresh in their minds after many many years has passed, but we see that Johnathan still doesn’t have a happy life because of their horrible situation they had to overcome.