CLUE – GRPOP 2

I seized some of the firewood which was by me, and holding out some of the Wafer, advanced on them towards the fire…They could not approach, me, whilst so armed, nor Madam Mina whilst she remained within the ring, which she could not leave no more than they could enter.”

In this para phrase we see that Welsing was using a holy Wafer which is considered to be holy and sacred in Christianity. Also we read that Van Welsing makes a “holy ring” in which the three vampire sisters can come in and Mina can’t leave. These symbolize more of Christianity and shows that yes it does really support Christian forgiveness. When we think about it Mina could have turned into a vampire right away and not have the God’s blessing as some may say. Instead we have Welsing taking care of her and not killing her as she does not truly turn yet. The story could have implicated that Mina had turned right away and she had to be killed but instead she was protected by the evil and then she turns normal in the end of the story.

The story could have also led a way in which the three sisters have taken Mina with them and she turned completely having no other way out but killing them and Mina. The story does not go that way either, Mina was safe and sound and Dracula was killed. This shows that the story follows the belief of Christianity forgiveness.

One thought on “CLUE – GRPOP 2”

1. Obviously, religion played a huge role in this novel and also in real life when this novel was published. I feel as if Mina had to be killed, it would’ve been a way of rejection religion. Meaning they believed in God for a happy ending and used a lot of holy items, and if the end of the novel involved killing Mina, it would’ve been almost as saying we should question religion if it really exist or not ?