Smorgasburg Reaction Blog

At the Smorgasburg food trucks I first saw three vendors. One of them was selling coffee, the other two were selling food. Tradicional plates with duck and burgers. The saturday after that one I went again. There were lots of food trucks. The food trucks were selling different types of food from different countries. Many people attended to this place to buy food and enjoy the day close to the river. I decided to only buy pastries in this occasion because the quantity of the food was a lot and needed to be eaten at that moment. First I got three small butter cakes for $5 dollars from the St. Louis tradition. I didn’t like it a lot because it felt too oily. It was very buttery, soft and very very sweet. These cakes had three different layers topped with powdered sugar. It also had a gooey and crisp consistency. The second pastry that I tried was a Cinna Bis Stick for $5 dollars too. It was bland, sweet, with a cinnamon flavor and a little dry. But the flavors didn’t blend well, it was a little dry. The pastry was twisted topped with cinnamon and sugar glazed. The third pastry that I tried was a Japanese Sweet Rice Cake. The consistency was sticky and soft. It tasted like chocolate and rice. The color was brown and light yellow with a little bit of green. The last thing that I bought was a Cafe Au Lait donut for $4 dollars. I didn’t like this donut because it was very dry, bland, too sweet and it tasted more like flour. The prices of the food that the vendors were selling were pretty good. This is a good way of selling traditional food and choosing different types of food to  try. They had simple foods on their menu and easy to do. I will go there the next year to try the other type of food that I didn’t get to try. Even though some of the food were not as traditional Ill love to try it. 

One thought on “Smorgasburg Reaction Blog

1. Michael Krondl

Nice descriptions of the foods. Too bad you didn’t like them much. Do keep the reader in mind though. Where exactly did you go? What was being sold other than the pastries? Who was buying them. Make sure to read the assignment before posting.