Smorgasburg – Jiaming Liang

On November 12th ,2016, I went to the Somorgasburg, winter flea and holiday market, in One Hanson Places near Barcleys Center and Atlantic Terminal. It is about 25 indoor Somorgasburg vendors selling food. Also maybe about 70 vintage, antique and other vendors in there. There were a lot of tourists around and some locals coming by to get their lunch.
The only vendor I went to is the “Ramen Burger” because I’m curious and amaze about it. The line is kind of long , but is was just a 10 minute wait. When it is my turn to order, I notice there some different kind of favors like original, teriyaki, cheese and veggie. So I choose the original one and is was $10 only for the burger without any drink. While I’m waiting, I can have a view on how they make my burger. First they fried the ramen to make it crispy. Then add some texture on the ramen bun and a ground beef with sauce added. That take like about 8 minute to make a Ramen Burger. Also there a picture in the front of the table it show a nice Ramen Burger and what else is added inside the burger. I notice there is shoyu sauce and some textures like scallions and arugula. It didn’t mention anything about portion size and calories. When I tasted it, the shoyu sauce and the ground beef gave a delicious sweet taste but the ramen is not crispy and the texture didn’t stand out either. After all I still manage to finish the Burger. I Still would recommend to try it.
Later I went to tour around to see other vendors. There some teriyaki chicken and it smell delicious. It was $6 for four pieces and the pieces are like the size of a chicken nugget but just adding some sauce on it. I think it didn’t worth it and I was kind of full after eating the Ramen Burger. While I was touring around I notice all the vendors handled the food cleanly by wearing gloves while making the foods and change gloves after they touch other things. Also they organize the food by categorize in different tables. Most of the price are very different because they different portion of what they are serving. I think is kind of overprice, however it worth for an experience.
Somorgasburg is so unique because there are multiple vendors in one area. It can have you walking around to decide what to eat for your meal. I think is a place for experience and maybe trying some food that never been heard before. Definitely recommend to visit at least one time.